Thank you to Enrayn for my nomination, I bow to you. (I’m sure, you’re doing great on NaNo – if you need another buddy: buddy me [name’s Corikane] and I buddy you back)
The idea of Newbie Nominations is simple – it gives newbies the push to search for blogs that will interest them and it helps to build a community of bloggers.
I accept my nomination with reservation, since I’m not strictly speaking a new blogger. I’ve been blogging on WordPress for five years now, however, this blog is fairly new, so, I hope it’s acceptable that I participate and keep spreading the blogging spirit, if you will.
- Answer the questions set by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 5 new bloggers (fewer than 30 posts or less than 5 months blogging)
- Ask six new questions for your nominees to answer
- Choose a weekly feature that you can stick to for a month or a monthly fixture that you will stick to for 6 months
- Add your 5 bloggers to your feed and comment on their posts
- Do you read more or write more? – While I read only 19 novels so far this year, it’s still more than what I put out. But that’s okay, you can’t write without reading.
- E-Book or Paperback? – I actually wrote a blog post about this. I love books, I love the way they feel and smell, their weight. I love the printed word. But I find my kindle useful, especially when I’m travelling. At the moment, it’s what’s keeping me sane, as I don’t have my books around me.
- What book changed the way that you think? – I’ve encountered many books that changed how I think/thought. Some in little ways, others in bigger ways. I’m reading, I’m learning. Maybe the first one was Stephen King’s IT, maybe the latest is Take Me There – Trans and Genderqueer Erotica.
- Do your family/friends know that you blog? – My friends know. My family? Well, they know I blog, but they don’t know about this blog because they wouldn’t be able to read it as it’s in English, and most of my family only knows German.
- Should we blog every day or when we have something to say? – Hopefully, when we’ve got something to say. But I also blogged about things just to blog, because sometimes this is not just a way to share your thoughts, it can also be an addiction. And I tend to feed my cravings.
- If there were no computers would you keep a diary? – I actually remember a time without computers. I have then, and still sometimes do write diary. I also used an old-fashioned type-writer to write during my early teens… I don’t mind going old-school.
- What are you blogging about?
- What made you blog in the first place?
- Who/What is the person/animal/thing that inspires you most?
- Share the recipe for your favorite cocktail, alternative (if you’re not a drinker): Share you recipe for a favorite snack.
- Your favorite quote.
- Writing – blessing or curse?
My Weekly Feature
At the moment, I’m writing about NaNoWriMo every weekend. I have a couple of other features, marked by the numbers in brackets behind the title.